The LiverpoolPalestine or LivPal group was formed just over four weeks ago. We think the social, union and political movements should give them maximum support.
- We are a student solidarity human rights group that opposes all forms of discrimination including anti-Semitism and Islamophobia and any form of racism. We maintain a zero tolerance policy on anything that is a hate crime or that is of discriminatory action.
- We aim to establish a group within Liverpool that is dedicated to the Palestinian cause and encourages all local solidarity groups to work as a unified front.
- We reject Zionism, as it constitutes the racist and discriminatory ideological pillar of Israel’s regime of occupation, settler colonialism and apartheid that has deprived the Palestinian people of its fundamental human rights since 1948.
- We strongly condemn apartheid, genocide, slavery, colonial exploitation and ethnic cleansing, which are crimes against humanity that are founded on racism and racial supremacy, and we call for the right of their victims, including descendants, to full reparation.
- We equally condemn and stand in solidarity with the victims of other human rights violations including human trafficking, workers’ exploitation and sexual exploitation.
- We aim to create a safe space for discussion and education; we wish to establish a platform that raises awareness as well as being inclusive and supportive to all members of the community.
- We aim to specifically allow the Palestinian community in Liverpool, and in general to communicate their needs and wishes to us so we can accommodate them during this oppressive situation.
- We wish to establish a unity in Liverpool with other groups so that we can increase our movement, at the same time to be a group that centres Palestinians in organising.
- We aim to provide ways to the public on how we can help Palestine/Palestinians either directly or indirectly. Directly could be through the means of donations, boycotting etc and indirectly could be suggested through protests, prayers etc.
- We aim to mobilise students across the region who wish to join the movement.
- We aim to create a BDS motion at our university and give guidance and support to other students who wish to also hold their universities accountable. After our motion is in place we will encourage other unions to follow us.
- We aim to strengthen and spread the culture of boycott as a central form of civil resistance to Israeli occupation, colonialism, and apartheid.